Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fall is Fading

When I went for my jog/walk, (I jog 2 miles and walk 2 miles) this very brisk Saturday morning I was rewarded with some beautiful fall colors, they're fading fast but it was well worth enduring the chilly conditions. I actually like it better when it's a little chilly, not that many people are out. I am fortunate to live within 5 minutes of this park and I love going there from Spring until Fall, I'm not one of those crazy people who are out trying to jog when there's 10 inches of snow on the ground and it's 10 degree's that when I switch to my DVDs.


















It was very cold by the lake.


















Do you hear, "all the leaves are brown and the sky is gray"

















I finished the top and I'm very happy with the way it came out, now on to my next project, the McCall's jacket (B4347) the colors in the fabric are very fall like, that's probably what drew me to it.

















I showed you the layette set but I needed something to go under it and I searched and searched and bought way to many onesies that weren't quite right so I finally just bought a pack of plain white ones and added the embellishments that I wanted and I'm very happy with it now. I added white eyelet lace and ribbon and a rosette, very simple but I think it's exactly what the dress needed.

















I swear I have had this bib for about sixteen years, I know it's been that long because I initially made it for my friend Gwen when she had her son and he's sixteen almost 17 now, the reason I didn't finish it was I ran out of snaps lol, but I put the snap on and will give it to her daughter with the layette set and all those onesies I bought. The front is a very soft infant blanket fabric and the reverse is terry cloth.


















I'm glad that I finished the trim on the onesie and all I have to do now is wash everything and make up her gift basket, she's not due until next month but you never know and I want to give it to her before we go out of town just in case the baby doesn't wait.

I don't have any updated pictures of my DD's sweater but it's coming along, I had to frog the sleeve but she finally has two sleeves that look alike and I'm working on the hood which isn't going so well, I've missed my deadline so I'm not going to set another one but hopefully it will be done soon.

Well I'm off to make brownies for dessert and fold the mountain of laundry that's been waiting for me all week. I hope everyone has a great week and happy sewing.

2 comments:

Lesalicious said...

WOW looks like you been busy busy lady. Love that top great pink. Great job.:) keep up the great work. You is inspiring me to go back to my sewing machine.:)

Sheila said...

Lovely blouse and looking forward to your DD's sweater. What an awesome jogging route. I resigned myself to the treadmill...lol