I finished the black and white plaid caplet—TaDa
I’m very happy with it, my plaids line up, yippee! Most sewer’s are hesitant to work with plaids and I’m no exception, for one you usually need more fabric to match the plaid and your layout is critical if you cut it out wrong you’re toast.
This is the front, I've had these buttons forever and thought they went well with this fabric.
The back seam is a fraction of inch off but now I'm just being neurotic. If anybody is close enough to tell then they obviously love me and won't care lol.
Here are the side seams.
I did line it with black lining fabric which I had to piece together because I didn't have enough but it worked and you can't see my patch work.
And here's the finished product. I cut the belt out but I think I'm going to go with one I already have; I don't want to push my luck with the plaid.
This probably means another AM photo shoot. I will post a pic wearing it soon. So don't be afraid of those big bad plaids they can be tamed and even fun to work with, I'm so lying here I wouldn't say it was fun it was very nerve racking but the finished product is very satisfying.
I even finished early now I can rest and relax with my first attempt at an afghan, so far so good it should be finished by next winter lol.
And the winner of the Cashmerette Pattern is...
6 hours ago