After all the yard work that Gwen and I did, I just had to finish the canopy to bring it up snuff.
Here it is striped bare, as you can see it still has good bones and when I looked at the canopy that was on it didn’t look too complicated but anyone who knows me, knows I can take something simple and make it really complicated.
For starters I wanted to be able to take it off in inclement weather, which is why the original one got so gross, my solution—the greatest invention ever VELCRO. I used two long strips of Velcro for the closures; that way I can easily remove it in bad weather.
Here it is all ready for company. The cushion in the picture is the original one on the opposite side because the other side is really gross; hopefully I can get it covered before the end of summer. I made the arm pillows back in May. The front's a little wonky but I'm so okay with that.
Here is a side view, again a little wonky need to iron it and sew the corners together, they're just pinned in this picture.
I made the back a lot longer than the original, I like it that way.