Well after washing the blouse it now looks like this lol. I just haven't worked up the desire to do battle with the iron and spray starch. I couldn't buy another wrinkle to put in this blouse. It was a nightmare to make the ruffle collar gave me a fit and satin ruffle blouses went out of style just about as soon as they came in.
Also I had just started back crocheting after more than 20+ years and my button attachment was awful. I just reinforced them with interfacing but the interfacing didn't have anything to hold onto so the buttons are just about falling off.But I am not easily deterred, after making countless star crossed slouchy berets out of my least favorite yarn--Red Heart I had an ah-ha moment and made a swatch using the black/white/gray boucle yarn that I purchased at the same time and Red Heart black , I think I have a winner. It looks like a really funky chunky yarn, of course the Red Heart minimizes the self-striping in the boucle but I'm okay with that. I'm not using a pattern but I hope to end up with some type of cardigan, we'll see what develops.
I finished the hat to go with my crocheted scarf, it's Bernat's free pattern Satin Cable Hat, the cable pattern doesn't show too well with this yarn but I still like the hat, it's a little big but some discretely placed cord elastic will fix that.
I feel so much better now that that's all out in the open lol. I'm determined to make a pair of pants this weekend so wish me luck.