Sunday, June 13, 2010

Real Life Conversations

Me: Come take a picture I didn't get any last week because you weren't home.

DS: Ok, Um Mom I'm going to be a hater but that's not the best dress you've made.

Me: You don't like it? It's the colors they're too much aren't they?

DS: Grunts.




And with that and this rear view picture it was decided this dress would be donated, however if anyone would like it, it's free to a good home. I cut a size 14 and as you can see it's a bit snug across my junk but I really do love the belt I'll have to try that again.

Thanks for all the lovely comments but I've raised my kids to be brutally honest and he pretty much confirmed my reservations. Oh well they can't all be winners.



Nothing to do but chuck it and move on, I was going to cut this out but decided to do the madras disaster instead. I'm doing the blue pantsuit, with the back drawstring.


In this very tame navy/white floral.



Onward and upward.

3 comments:

marysews said...

Only toss it if it's really too tight. It's too happy to give away!

Sheila said...

It looks like a great fit, but if it doesn't fit one must acquit... lol. Someone will enjoy having it. Oooo I'm looking forward to the jumpsuit - interesting back detail.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Maybe it's just too much as a dress. Did you ever think of making it into a blouse?