Sunday, July 4, 2010

Too Much Knit to Quit

This is Simplicity 3536 as a dress. I've made almost every view of this pattern and after wearing the top today I decided to make a dress using one of the first knits I purchased this summer.

I know it's July, it took that long for me to decide what to do with this fabric, I knew I wanted a dress but couldn't decide on a pattern. Of course I lined it, with a very thin knit from Hancock 1.95/yd.


I felt it was a little plain so I made the fabric flower, it probably took me as long as it did to finish the dress to get it right.


Nothing says summer like a new bike, last Sunday I got my GS a new huffy, he was thrilled. Yep, I'm definitely in the running for Grandma of the year.



I know I was supposed to be working on the Sandra Betzina pattern but I think I may do something different with that fabric, every woman knows it's our prerogative to change our mind and that's certainly true with sewing.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July weekend.

8 comments:

gwensews said...

Nice summery dress. Good sewing! You are definitely a most cool grandma! I have 2 small grandsons, who I spoil and don't care!

Karin van D. said...

Spoiling is allowed for grandmothers and you sound like a wonderful oma :-) The dress is great, perfect for these hot days!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

You're absolutely right. You can change your mind!

Carol said...

I love that picture of your GS. You can see the concentration on his face!

gold said...

Cute dress! Thats what Grandmoters do spoil.

Angela said...

Cute dress!

Adrienne said...

Very cute!

Jackie said...

I like your dress. Cute & carefree for summer.