Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Simplicity 2451

More gifted fabric from Trudi. I guess I should be happy she never really caught the sewing bug because I inherited her great stash. This is a navy/white striped stretch denim.

Didn't have a navy zipper. I added about 4 inches to the length because I wanted it to be a little longer than knee length for work.

Only having 1 yd of this fabric presented a Tim Gunn, "make it work" moment. I used some well wore denim for the waistband facing and I rather like the look with the white lining.

I still need to hem it and add the hook and eye closure, this will be my first bottom for the Bottoms Up Challenge. I'm so happy that the Over the Top Challenge morphed into this challenge I was having way to much fun for it to be over.

1 comment:

gwensews said...

Oh, lucky you to inherit great fabrics! Nice skirt--and free! How much better could it get?