Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

No sewing but I'm almost finished with the Vogue (Spring/Summer issue) #20 striped top. Not much to say about this pattern, easy to follow and so far I like the results. I love the coral with the vanilla.

Now if I could just find some coordinating fabric. I may take Julia's suggestion and go with linen pants.

These solved my blocking dilemma, so far so good. I did put a towel over them because if those colors bled onto my knitting it would be a very bad thing.


Last year I posted about "the best Mother's Day gift ever" well it's only fitting that you finally meet Tulip. I had her name wrong in the post. She's always the topic in every meeting and one day we were talking about how popular tutu's are and I said Tulip needs a tutu. I made this for her purely for the picture. Her "Mom" said she was dressed for the Royal Wedding but I think she needs a hat. BTW the rat freaked out when she tried to put it on her, she said it was really hard to get a good picture, I guess rats don't like tutu's after all.


I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day and no one gets a Tulip, unless that's what you want.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Your top is coming along nicely and hoping you had a great Mother's Day. Cool solution to blocking your garments.

ok.... did you say rat....