Sunday, May 6, 2012

Third Times the Charm

 McCalls 5384, I'm sure this is OOP. I guess you can tell it's one of my favorite summer tops, I've made one every summer for the past 3 years.

 I found this sheer leopard print at Hobby Lobby for $2.00 yd and knew I would make this years version.

The first time, Summer 2010.





Second time, last summer.


The leaf yoke top is coming along nicely, after frogging the yoke about 5 times I finally got it right.


The yarn is Caron Spa, I love this yarn. I've made two tops out of it. You do have to be careful because it tends to split but the finished result is well worth the effort. The other two tops I have wash and wear beautifully.

It's a beautiful day so I'm going to make time for some outdoor fun. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

1 comment:

gwensews said...

That "flowy" type of top is all over the stores right now. I'm wanting to make one for myself. Yours is great! Oh, and nice knitting, too!