Monday, June 11, 2012

All White Weekend

I started these white capris. The pattern is Butterick 5221, which is my TNT pants pattern. I narrowed the flare of the pants. Of course they're fully lined, the fabric is a pique I got a Hancock's a couple of summer's ago. I still have to add the closures and hem them. I have a red and white sheer top cut out and waiting to go with these.

 This is the Diamond Rib Lace Shrug, a free pattern I found on Raverly. I added the ruffle.


My cousin sent me her old serger, it's very similar to the one I have in fact the instruction booklet is identical to mine. I'm very happy to have a back-up serger, that brings my total number of machines to 5, 3 regular sewing machines and two sergers. I still want an embroidery machine but I may just wait until my cousin replaces hers lol.
I hope everyone had a wonderfully creative weekend.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey lady,

Congrats to you for the new added addition to your sewing family. I love the shrug and think the ruffle is a beautiful added touch. The capris are nice too.

Carol said...

You can never have too many sewing machines! I'm not brave enough to wear white, I'm too messy.

Faye Lewis said...

Your new garments look great. I love white, just gotta be sort of brave in wearing it.

Faye Lewis said...

P.S. conger's on the new server to.

Sheila said...

Congrats on your new addition. I have been considering a second serger... like I said considering...lol

Like Carol I am not brave enough to wear white, but slowly getting there.

Cennetta said...

White is always nice for the summer. The shrug is super cute.