I cut out these khaki's a few weeks ago and was finally able to finish them. Along the way I couldn't help but see the life lessons this endeavor highlighted.
First gravity always wins. I have learned that I always have to raise the crouch and lower the seat - gravity.
I had almost given up on this style of pant but once I watched the tutorial that Victoria linked it has made all the difference. By constructing the inseam first it allows you to really get a good fit. I also included a nude knit tricot tummy control panel, something I've seen on RTW pants.
Life lesson - don't forget what you already know. The welt pockets are terrible. I didn't interface them and needless to say I'm not happy with them but the pants fit so well I'm going to wear them anyway.
At least now I have another style of pants and I will make these again and get those welt pockets right. I've had the fabric so long I don't remember the details but it is a bottom weight khaki. Overall this is a very good pants pattern just beware of those darn welt pockets.
I had this cut out when Faye announced the sew-a-long so of course I said sign me up. I love her sew-a-longs, I always learn something and love seeing what everyone makes.
I am finally on the Vogue 8815 band wagon and not a moment to soon. As everyone has said this is a great top. I only had a 9 inch invisible grey zipper so that's what I used.
The fabric is grey ponte knit from Hancock. I am in love with this stuff, although others have mentioned problems with pilling I haven't noticed it on my other garments but I started to hang dry and avoid the dryer in hopes that that helps.
Not much to say about this top that hasn't already been said. I used fusible tape to stabilize the hems and used my double needle. I also made fabric binding for the neck because I didn't have grey bias tape. Great top, I plan to make more when Spring finally does arrive.
I just had to share all the crafty goodness that my cousin sent for my GD. As you can see she loves her embroidery machine and this really makes me want one but they're just too expensive, maybe one day.
This is a blanket that she made and added this sweet design.
A very cute burp cloth.
Sorry for the dark picture I don't know what's going on with my camera.
Another adorable burp cloth.
A personalized baby wipe container.
Too cute sleeper. This is embroidered on the bottom.
A onesie taken to the highest level of cuteness.
I got this book from the library and had to make one of these cute toys.
Here's my octopus, isn't it cute.
And I will leave you with the little one who started this cuteness overload.
I hope to get some adult sewing done this weekend but every time I think that I end up baby sitting, I'm not complaining, they grow up much to fast to miss an opportunity to spoil her.
I've had this pattern for a couple of years and when I saw a similar version on PatterReview I was inspired. I purchased the cream colored fleece at Hancock's last year but I couldn't find the trim I wanted there but I found this cheetah print at JoAnn's. I know exposed zippers are all the rage but I'm not feeling that trend and I didn't want one in this jacket so I changed it up a bit.
I think I spent as much time if not more on the lining. I had a very pretty lining fabric that I wanted to use but it wasn't enough so I did the sleeves in a different fabric.
That pretty lining fabric pulled terribly so I interfaced the entire back and front.
I also finished my GS's star blanket. I love the way it came out. Now I have to start on one for my GD.
A friend made this adorable blanket for my GD but after I washed it several of the blocks started unraveling. I don't think I can fix it and I don't have the heart to tell her.
I was finally able to find time to sew something for myself. The turtleneck is from a very old pattern for a bodysuit. The jacket is McCalls 6408 a Nancy Zieman pattern. The fabric is ponte knit from Hancock.
Just a few more weeks to go and I'm so ready for my GD to get here and I know my DD feels the same but I do need at least one more week to finish my DD's hospital attire, a pair of pj's with matching slippers. Since she's having a girl I made this bubble gum pink robe.
The pattern is McCalls 2476, don't know if it's OOP but I've had it for quite a few years.
I've been crocheting, I made this free Red Heart pattern, Granny's Treasure to use up my scraps. It's on my GS's bed at my house. Believe it or not I had never made a granny square, this was great practice and a great way to use up those scarps.
Then I started the Bernat star blanket for his bed at home because he is my star.
I'll leave you with this picture of my DD (left) and her friend Lana. My daughter is due in two weeks her friend isn't due until March, I don't think she's going to make it until then.
Hopefully I can get back to sewing for myself soon but as my daughter pointed out that's probably not going to happen once my GD get's here.